Recently, some customers reported that the Mini PC could not enter the operating system or directly enter the BIOS after being used for a period of time. After testing, it’s the SSD entered the write protection state. Here let’s listed the problems we get and solutions for those problems.
Part 1, The problems we may face.
Note: There are three possibilities for that error, which should be checked according to the step sequence.
1. Check from BIOS to confirm that the startup setting correct or not.
2. Check if OS files get hurt or not.
3. Check if SSD entered the write protection state.
Problem 2. The mini pc goes to BIOS directly after turn on.
Part 2. How to confirm if the SSD entered the write protection state?
Turn on the PC, and press "Delete" key or "F2" key (it may differs for different pc) to enter BIOS, check whether the SSD name is regular.
1. Normally, the SSD displayed name is "KingFast", shows as below picture
2. When SSD got problem, it shows name "SATAF IRM S11", shows as this picture:
Part 3. Once confirm the SSD entered the write protection state, we need to update the firmware.
1. Add a new harddisk(could be any kind harddisk, including NVME, MSATA, M.2, SATA 2.5 inch SSD or HDD) and preload Windows system, set the new added harddisk as the master boot disk and the failed SSD as the slave disk.
2. Confirm the failed SSD is recognized in disk manager in the Windows system. Way to confirm: Press "Win" + "R" key on the keyboard to open "Run" window, enter "diskmgmt.msc" and press "Enter" key.
3. Use SSD firmware update software(Reinitial&DLMC_SBFQP1C3_20210720) to update the firmware.
Part 4. Way updating the firmware with software.
1. Run "Reinitial&DLMC_SBFQP1C3_20210720" as Administrator
2. Click "Get Device Info" to confirm the SSD is the one need to get firmware update, and then click Update "Firmware"
3. After click "Update" it will show window below, click "OK". Pls note all SSD data will be deleted after doing this step.
4. When showing below Window, the Firmware Update finished.
After updating succesfully, you can use the updated SSD as slave disk, or use it as master boot disk. To use it as master boot disk, pls install Windows OS into this updated SSD, and set it as master boot disk